The quality mental health, substance use and suicide prevention services provided by Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services are made possible through the generous financial support of individuals, foundations and corporations.
Make a Gift
There are many simple and effective ways to give:
- Donate online
- Mail a check (payable to Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services) to:
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, c/o Development, 4760 S. Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, CA 90230
- See if your employer will match your donation
- Donate goods or services by making an in-kind contribution
- Give through retailers such as Amazon and Ralph’s
Charitable gifts help you meet your philanthropic goals and extend your generosity well into the future. A planned gift can also protect your assets, provide for your family, and guarantee you income for life. You can even make a significant impact through a gift that costs nothing in your lifetime (through a charitable bequest under your will). Become a member of the Didi Hirsch Legacy Society by making a planned gift.
Ways to make a Planned Gift:
- Wills and Living Trusts – secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of the gift, and know that your generosity will support our mission for years to come.
- Retirement Plans – your retirement-plan benefits are likely a significant portion of your net worth, and because of special tax considerations, they could make an excellent choice for funding a charitable gift.
- Appreciated Securities – gifts of long-term appreciated property can generate the most favorable tax benefits: a charitable deduction (in most cases) for the full fair-market value of the property plus avoidance of any potential capital-gain tax.
- Life Insurance – life insurance itself can be the direct funding medium for a gift, permitting the donor to make a substantial gift (face value of policy) for a relatively modest annual outlay (i.e., the premium payment).
- Tangible Personal Property – you are entitled to a charitable deduction for personal property such as works of art (not created by donor), rare books, stamp or coin collections.
- Real Estate – most kinds of real estate can be donated to Didi Hirsch, including personal residence, undeveloped land, farms, commercial buildings and vacation homes.
We have two major fundraising events every year:
- Alive & Running, a life-affirming 5K Walk/Run that supports Didi Hirsch’s Suicide Prevention Center.
- Mental Health Is Health Experience, a virtual group of activities in May 2021 – Mental Health Awareness Month – to help people experience mental and physical health as inseparable and to raise funds for Didi Hirsch’s health services for children, families and adults.
You can also create your own fundraising event or activity and donate the proceeds to Didi Hirsch!
Donations may be:
- Given in memory or honor of a loved one
- Unrestricted and applied to our greatest needs and opportunities
- Designated to our Suicide Prevention Center or to other specific programs and services
- Credited to fundraising events or appeals including our Erasing the Stigma Awards and our Alive & Running 5K Walk/Run for Suicide Prevention
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services is a 501(c)(3) organization, incorporated as Didi Hirsch Psychiatric Service.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Federal Tax ID #95-1816023
If you have any questions, please contact us:
If you or someone you know has thoughts of suicide, please call our Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255.